[ih] Really old list archives

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Wed Jan 24 13:27:56 PST 2024

Yes, "unappealing" is a better characterization.  I recall a discussion
at the time about the purpose of the name.  Everyone on all sorts of
networking projects wanted to be at every meeting to keep up to date and
get their thoughts into the discussions. "Configuration Control" carried
the stench of bureaucracy and mindless paperwork, and that stench
successfully repelled people. It worked, and I don't recall any
bureaucracy or paperwork in the ICCB - which might partly explain the
lack of historical records. It was fun, and more important than we (I at
least) ever thought at the time.   Thanks!

Vint - I didn't realize MCI was a bus company........

Jack