[ih] pretty good video on internet history

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:45:33 PDT 2022

Everybody has their own version of history, I guess, and I agree that
the video is a view through a very specific collimator. I enjoyed it,
though.

> The video mentions that OSI "never happened" at CERN

Actually we got as close as anybody, because we did deploy DECnet
Phase V. But additionally to what the video said, the *reason*
TimBL could invent the web was because we more or less abandoned
OSI (except for DECnet) during 1989 and started supporting
TCP/IP.

https://doi.org/10.1016/0169-7552(89)90040-8

Regards
    Brian