[ih] The linux router project and wifi routers

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Wed Nov 2 11:35:30 PDT 2022

Uninet South Africa used PC-Route in the very early 90's.

The NSRC has a list:

	https://nsrc.org/archives/lowcost_tools/net-tech

el

On 02/11/2022 20:25, John Day via Internet-history wrote:
> We did a VME IP router for Project Athena in what must have been
> 82-84.  Have to find someone who remembers.
>
>> On Nov 2, 2022, at 14:05, Karl Auerbach via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
>>
>> By-the-way, lest it be forgotten, Doug Karl wrote an early IP router
>> and an ethernet switch that ran on fairly vanilla PC-platforms.  They
>> worked pretty well.
>>
>> I think they were PC/MS-DOS based and used John Romkey's packet
>> driver design (with specific implementations by Russ Nelson) for the
>> various Ethernet cards out there.
>>
>>     --karl--
[...]

--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse   \         /       Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
el at lisse.NA             / *      |  Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)