[ih] Interprocess Communication

Phil White cerise-isoc at hockeyphil.net
Thu May 12 12:34:07 PDT 2022

SQS is a foundational service within AWS for a number of their offerings.
It's used in a lot of autoscaling and status-related contexts.  If it went
down, then I'd expect a blast radius at AWS that's similar to their
S3-related outages where a lot of sites suddenly disappear.

Externally, it's used for a lot of lambda-based (i.e. serverless)
applications because it makes it easy to scale up & test.

-Phil