[ih] Interprocess Communication

Alex McKenzie amckenzie3 at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 11:45:51 PDT 2022

In August 1970, Dave Walden issued RFC #62, describing a system for interprocess communication that did not include the concept of "connections" or "circuits".  (I believe it was also published in the Communications of the ACM.) It was a generalization of interprocess communication within a single computer.  I believe that at the time his proposal was too radical for the ARPAnet Network Working Group to consider seriously, and so far as I know it has never been implemented.  That is my question: has that concept, or something close, been implemented in the Internet or elsewhere?
Thanks,Alex McKenzie