[ih] GOSIP & compliance

Francesco Fondelli francesco.fondelli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 09:13:42 PDT 2022

 In Italy we had Videotel, similar to Minitel. I never had a Videotel
terminal (was expensive and yes paid by the minute) but in the 90s you
could connect with a V.23/V.21 (?) modem to ITAPAC (X.25 network) and
somehow access some of the Videotel services (at local per-call-rate... 200
lire IIRC).

I think Videotel main app was... chat.

Still have the phone numbers of some ITAPAC "gateway"...

ciao

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 9:05 PM Bob Purvy via Internet-history <