[ih] GOSIP & compliance

Johan Helsingius julf at Julf.com
Mon Mar 21 00:10:49 PDT 2022

On 20/03/2022 21:55, Brian E Carpenter via Internet-history wrote:

> Also, Pekka Tarjanne (head of the ITU)
> was pushing very hard against the monopolies.

Which surprised us a bit, as he had been the head of the
Finnish PTT for 12 years before he became the head of ITU.
I guess what helped was that the Finnish PTT was never a
100% monopoly - thy had monopoly on international and
long distance traffic, but the larger cities all had
independent local phone companies (originally mostly
co-ops).

	Julf