[ih] GOSIP & compliance

Bob Purvy bpurvy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:32:39 PDT 2022

Funny: that quote is actually in my 2nd book (not out yet).

" 'Strategic' means you don't make any money."

I attributed it to someone else. I wonder who first coined it?

At 3Com, the Microsoft LAN Manager deal was unquestionably Strategic. While
my product, 3+Mail, which owed no royalties to anyone, was *very
definitely* not
Strategic.

(Note that I'm not claiming I wrote 3+Mail. It was already there when I
joined, although I did take it over.)