[ih] Steve Casner

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Jul 5 12:07:43 PDT 2022

Oh no.

I worked with Steve for several years on video networking.  He had an
amazing ability to visualize complex interactions, particularly the way
that networks would pulse and synchronize. (So when we wrote code
together I did the skeleton into which he could insert the algorithms
that actually made the system work.)

Steve's perspective on networking was synoptic - he saw how the whole
thing worked, from the clocking of bits to the resonance of routing
algorithms.

He and Karen often came to our house to attend plays at Santa Cruz
Shakespeare.  (His Tesla roadster always got a lot of attention.)

     --karl--