[ih] Chat room and forum archives

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 18:53:16 PDT 2022

The cellar.org BBS 1990-2020 had a colorful history and was run by at
least two folk that held jobs on the philly stock exchange, and the
"undertoad".  (ubbs, I think it was called). Some history:

https://cellar.org/faq.php?faq=what_it_is#faq_cellar_history

It was one of the first bbs's that had multiple modems, so chat was
one of it's pulls.

I bear no resemblance to the guy that gave them sco Xenix in 1990.
None, whatsoever.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 3:53 PM Bob Purvy via Internet-history
<internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

> Something you wouldn't think would be a problem:
>
> I'm planning out my next novel, and I want to have a character haunting the
> chat rooms and forums on investing, around 1995 and on. I don't want to
> quote anything or dox anyone -- I just want to get the tone and format back
> then, as well as the topics they were talking about.
>
> The Wayback Machine seems to have started at the end of 1996. Does anyone
> have links to earlier archives?

FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC