[ih] Chat room and forum archives

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 17:07:48 PDT 2022

Internet Relay Chat (aka IRC) was released in 1988... there were a couple
networks of servers like EFnet, Undernet, IRCnet, etc, and a handful of
servers on each network with a multi-channel (sort of chat room) multi
participant distributed chat protocol.

You had the option to have 1:1 conversation but most of the activity was on
#channels you joined and chatted with others on that channel.

Some networks are still active and you can download desktop clients or use
some web based clients.

-J

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 6:41 PM Dave Crocker via Internet-history <