[ih] STD 7, RFC 9293 on Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)

touch at strayalpha.com touch at strayalpha.com
Fri Aug 19 12:19:40 PDT 2022

8200 is to 2460 as 9293 is to 793 (speaking in “SAT” analogy terms)

As 8200 is to 791, there is no equivalent for 793/9273. There’s no “TCP-ng” per se. IPv6 isn’t backward compatible with IPv4, so you could argue that any of the new transport protocols (SCTP, QUIC) is “TCP-ng”, but there’s no version field in the TCP protocol (!) so there’s no opportunity to even officially call something TCP-ng rather than just a new transport.

Joe

—
Dr. Joe Touch, temporal epistemologist
www.strayalpha.com