[ih] Monitoring, Operating, Controlling ...

Alex McKenzie amckenzie3 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 12:50:46 PDT 2022

 Indeed, a better name for the ARPAnet center at BBN would have been the Network Monitoring Center.  We didn't pick that name because the acronym NMC was already taken by the Network Measurement Center at UCLA.  Eventually we switched to the name Network Operations Center which I think better described the function.
Cheers,Alex