[ih] Eric Allman giving a public talk on the history of email

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Mon Oct 4 13:36:25 PDT 2021

an "ancient" sendmail related quote from yours truly's archives:

"Sendmail is a nifty mailer whose flexibility ... is nothing short of
amazing.  How did Eric Allman embed this flexibility?  He used a
variation on Post Productions as address rewriting rules.  If he
hadn't taken a theory course, none of us would have sendmail today."

-- Mark Horton, in net.college, supporting the teaching of
        theory courses.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 6:11 AM Dave Crocker via Internet-history <