[ih] For our next argument .... and a proposal to make legacy IPv4 address space available

Greg Skinner gregskinner0 at icloud.com
Thu Nov 25 09:46:44 PST 2021

For examples in Spanish, take a look at the Spanish-language version of the Wikipedia ‘Router’ page <https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router>   Some of the content looks as if it was translated directly from the English version.  It contains references to the involvement of Xerox PARC, etc.

Incidentally, if you’ve been following the latest discussions about making legacy IPv4 address space available, it’s now being discussed on the LACNOG mailing list (subject: Draft: Unicast Use of the Formerly Reserved 127/8 <https://mail.lacnic.net/pipermail/lacnog/2021-November/thread.html>).  You’ll see how the English words and phrases for networking devices, etc. are used in common discourse among speakers of languages spoken in Latin American countries.

—gregbo