[ih] Saving IETF history

dave walden dave.walden.family at gmail.com
Thu May 13 06:30:21 PDT 2021

The 1973 IMP had extensive documentation although not for the purpose of
a patent dispute and not exactly for the same listing version as we were
analyzing.
See
https://walden-family.com/impcode/IMPSYS-Document-with-flowcharts.pdf and'
https://walden-family.com/impcode/Technical_Information_Report_89.pdf
These also are now archived at the Software History Center of the
Computer History Museum.

Such documentation was not our normal practice.  It was required one
year by whichever government person was managing our contract --- for a
purpose I do not remember.  More normally, the documentation was the
listing and in the memory of the program maintainer.