[ih] Snapshot of the Internet

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Sat Jun 5 13:29:48 PDT 2021

That's quite a map!!  Reminds me of the social clustering  maps I did at
UCLA. and Berkeley.

I wonder what that map might say about the notion of governance of the
internet based on various kinds of "territory", whether those be
national, institutional (e.g. the "nation" of Google+Youtube), protocol
(IPv4 and IPv6  - which could be interesting if the substrate, such as
5G were included), etc?

The thought that crossed my mind was how we once divided law and
authority (at least in Europe) based on whether the matter or the people
involved  were secular or religious.  Could the Internet be moving in a
similar direction?

     --karl--