[ih] The "right to repair" and spacex starlink

Dave Täht dave at taht.net
Tue Jul 20 02:57:06 PDT 2021

I've been dinging spacex's starlink effort and
(especially) the right to repair this week. The key, short
segment is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9gLo6Xrwgw

(they are using an ancient linux kernel on their router
 and dishy with no bufferbloat mitigations in then)

The whole show is here, where I leverage among
other crazy things, a "vogon cluebat":

https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly/episodes/638?autostart=false

please reshare and enjoy!

So far I have got a few folk with extensive packet expertise to
join the "starlink" mailing list to offer them some
sage advice about how to go about building a better
LEO network, and I'd love it if more from here joined.

subscribe at:

My email server only sends and accepts starttls encrypted mail in transit.
One benefit - it stops all spams thus far, cold. If you are not encrypting
 by default you are not going to get my mail or I, yours.