[ih] A paper

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun Jul 18 17:45:38 PDT 2021

thanks Andrew.

There were definitely some interesting political dynamics for TCP/IP -
getting HP, Digital Equipment Corp and IBM LABS to implement was a very
deliberate political effort.
Of course the OSI/TCP debates were heavy with politics. Getting the USG to
move away from its absolute insistence on ISO was political. Getting DOD to
formally adopt TCP/IP in 1982 was political. Getting NIST to do a blue
ribbon panel review of TCP/IP vs TP was political. Getting DOE, NSF, NASA
and DARPA to form the FRICC and then the FNC was political. ..... :-))))

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 8:38 PM Andrew Sullivan via Internet-history <