[ih] PhD

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sun Jan 3 13:32:56 PST 2021

Knuth was mandatory during the 60s/70s for anyone interested in
computers.  A great set of books.  But he makes my point -- he recounts
"The *Art* of Computer...", not the Science.

IIRC, Science involves observing something, distilling theories about
underlying principles, and then creating and performing experiments to
validate the theory.   We've been observing Computers and Networks for
50 years, and performing the Internet Experiment almost as long.  I'm
just curious about the results so far....

/Jack
(still waiting for Knuth Volumes 4-7...)