[ih] History of 127/8 as localhost/loopback addresses?

John Kougoulos john.kougoulos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 02:07:16 PST 2021

Hi,

I had done some research also, it appears that it started as network 254:
https://fossil.fuhrwerks.com/csrg/artifact/7abb44b66b9fc3e8

You can see more details in my answer in quora, just in case they help:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-127-0-0-1-used-for-localhost-Does-anyone-know-why-that-number-was-chosen

Kind regards,
John

When TCP/IP was being designed, where did the concept of a loopback