[ih] List archives (Was: Exterior Gateway Protocol)

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Sun Sep 6 13:57:58 PDT 2020

On 9/6/20 12:34 PM, Joseph Touch via Internet-history wrote:
> I’ve also heard from some of you that you might not be receiving posts. Please check your filters and try a few short tests; I have received all posts to the list without gaps, so I’m not clear that this issue is on the server side yet.
Joe,

FYI, one of the "replies" I made yesterday to the ISOC list also was
sent directly to a few people.  My ISP's mailer returned one of those
messages this morning:

<lukasz at bromirski.net>... Deferred: Connection timed out with r2d2.bromirski.net.
Message could not be delivered for 6 hours
Message will be deleted from queue

Apparently the "TTL" for email, at least with my ISP, is 6 hours.

Perhaps something similar is occurring with the ISOC mailer and the
messages are being discarded by the server.

/Jack