[ih] Exterior Gateway Protocol

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:45:55 PDT 2020

On 04-Sep-20 10:20, Vint Cerf via Internet-history wrote:
> I seem to recall that we ran into a number of problem with the ARPANET
> routing algorithms and John McQuillan was tasked to deal with them. Didn't
> he come up with SPF as a solution?
>
> <goog_1805810333>
> https://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/lans/readings/routing/mcquillan-darpa_routing-1980.pdf

Interesting paper. It cites this paper as its immediate source:
D. B. Johnson. "Efficient algorithms for shortest paths in sparse networks",
J. Ass. Comput. Mach. vol. 24. pp. 1-13. Jan. 1977.
DOI: 10.1145/321992.321993

which of course cites both Dijkstra and Bellman & Ford as original sources.

   Brian