[ih] FTP RIP

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Thu Oct 1 13:51:45 PDT 2020

Unfortunately, my Dectapes weren't stored very well, and succumbed to
decades of summer attic heat and winter below-zero abuse.   They
eventually became brittle and crumbled.  The plastic cases were
surprisingly robust; the tape itself not so much.

I also have a request in to MIT for whatever they can find of my ancient
ITS work.  I just got back a response that my request has been "closed"
with no action, but that "we are working on our procedure for this
collection and hope to have it in place soon."

So I have to now create an account and re-submit my request.  Best to
wait a bit for "soon" to pass I guess.

Yes, there were a lot of mailing lists, as well as a lot of interaction
among small groups of people not using any formal list at all.

If you're a packrat, Lars is the premier Internet Dumpster Diver.  It
will be interesting to see those first two archives.

/Jack