[ih] Statistical multiplexing

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Mon Mar 16 03:16:11 PDT 2020

I believe Weley Chu is the correct answer - UCLA. Steve Crocker and I were
graduate students when Wes was a young professor there.

It is also fair to cite Hedy Lamarr who invented frequency hopping as a
multiplexing method. Eventually that led to direct sequence spreading
which was used in the Packet Radio system during the development of the
Internet.

vint cerf

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 1:30 AM Bill Ricker via Internet-history <

New postal address:
Google
1875 Explorer Street, 10th Floor
Reston, VA 20190