[ih] NCP and TCP implementations

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Tue Mar 10 13:08:17 PDT 2020

in addition to TIP/TAC, ANTS, and ELF there was also a number of different
implementations of/a TSP: *Terminal Support Processor *such as the one at
Lincoln Labs (LL-TSP) detailed in
https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/726534.pdf

there was also a PDP-11 TSP version -- not related to the LL-TSP version --
(that might have come from ISI?) that yours truly brought up on on the Earl
Craighill and Tom Magill (SRI-NSC11 host) when it was sitting idle (i.e.
not being used for/with the Voice over IP of ARPA's Network Speech
Compression program) which had a single dial-up modem on it and provided
for "alternative access" when all of the direct SRI-AI dial-up lines
scanner PDP-10 Tenex system lines were busy/in use. :D

geoff

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 9:48 AM Alex McKenzie via Internet-history <