[ih] NCP, TCP/IP question

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Tue Mar 10 05:57:16 PDT 2020

On March 10, 2020 08:39:31 Lars Brinkhoff via Internet-history
<internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:

> Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:
>> KCC, written by Kok Chen at Stanford and significantly extended for
>> systems programming work by Ken Harrenstien at SRI International
>
> Ken Harrenstien also added TCP/IP to the ITS operating system in late
> 1982.  The implemenation language was PDP-10 MIDAS assembler.

side note : Bill mann {I think} put MIDAS on our pdp-1 and
it's macro processor was good enough that I could hack it
to being a 516 assembler {16 bit words,  512 word paged
memory} and Dave walden and I moved the IMP system sources
from a godawful roll of paper tape to being happily
cross-assembled on the pdp-1.

/b\

                     Bernie Cosell
           bernie at fantasyfarm. com