[ih] Dave Farber's DCS

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Wed Jul 22 16:55:45 PDT 2020

I knew a little about DCS, but not enough to answer your question.

Historical note:  I finally finished my PhD In late 1977 after a stint at DARPA and three years at ISI.  I wanted to do a little teaching on the side.  UCI said fine but asked if I would cover the distributed architecture course in addition to what I had mind.  They had a problem because Farber had just left for Delaware, taking my brother with him.  I taught the course and also recruited a couple of students to come to ISI.  Paul Mockapetris was one of them...

Sent from my iPhone