[ih] Keep the geeks in charge of the internet

Alexander Goldman agoldmanster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:05:49 PDT 2020

The ability to hold real time meetings is driving the push to move
office-less.  And the ability to collaborate or work from home is very
important.  Of course, Twitter is not a normal company, but it will not
require anyone to work in an office in the future
https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/12/twitter-says-staff-can-continue-working-from-home-permanently/
.

As for everyone else:

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2020/article/ability-to-work-from-home.htm

 employment fell by 21 percent in occupations in which telework is not
feasible, compared with 8 percent in occupations in which telework is
feasible

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 12:59 PM Joseph Touch via Internet-history <