[ih] The Xerox Networking "Information Outlet" wall plug

John Shoch j at shoch.com
Thu Jul 9 21:27:54 PDT 2020

Geoff,

Nice to hear from you.
The "information outlet" message was for general PR and advertising.
You can find anything on the Internet (thank-you, Vint and thousands of
others....):
--An early TV ad, on Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2WgFpyL2Pk
--A print ad:
https://books.google.com/books?id=aScefDgbsnUC&pg=RA1-PA24&lpg=RA1-PA24&dq=xerox+information+outlet&source=bl&ots=MXMn-80BVh&sig=ACfU3U2UFgpj2FTQ75F2Fow7psNXHUWGVQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjksfKP6MHqAhXYqZ4KHZJ_AaYQ6AEwBHoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=xerox%20information%20outlet&f=false
--A lapel pin, on eBay (I don't remember this):

https://www.ebay.com/i/124143360301?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=124143360301&targetid=917185845248&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9031927&poi=&campaignid=10459991946&mkgroupid=100467642381&rlsatarget=pla-917185845248&abcId=2146000&merchantid=6296724&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7ab4j-jB6gIVVD6tBh28dABYEAYYASABEgJxH_D_BwE

I think the marketing people had metal "Information Outlet" cover plates
made, perhaps as handouts at trade shows (?).
I do have one, but not the original.

John