[ih] The Xerox Networking "Information Outlet" wall plug

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Thu Jul 9 21:26:01 PDT 2020

well, whaddya know: Allen Kay uploaded a copy of the AWESOME Xerox
Information Outlet TV commercial to youtube -- would you happen to remember
what year this was done and airer?

Back Story:

We did the drawing on the wall with a pale blue pencil so the actor would
see it but the camera wouldn’t. All he had to do was trace the lines.

Take 1. His delivery was perfect in but his drawing looked like a giant
smashed spider.

Take 2. Again, a flawless reading. This time his work of art was about
11”x17”.  You had to squint to see it. The director yelled, cut! Then he
said to the actor, “Come here for a second.” He came forward. “Turn
around,” said the director. The actor did an about face. They both stared
at the wall. Like talking to a 4 year old, the director said,
“Look...what... you... did.” “Whoops!” said the talent.

Take3. The drawing was great but he flubbed the last. Shit!

Take 4. Started out fine. We held our breath. Good...good...good.
“...and...Cut!!  Perfect!” The director shouted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2WgFpyL2Pk

Geoff.Goodfellow at iconia.com
living as The Truth is True