[ih] Historical Tracing from Concept to Reality over 5 decades?

Fenwick Mckelvey fenwick.mckelvey at concordia.ca
Tue Jul 7 11:35:04 PDT 2020

Hi all,
For those following the thread, you might find parts of my book Internet Daemons interesting as I trace some of legacy of the Interface Message Processor from ARPANET  to today. There is much more that I could capture myself, but the book at least situates ARPANET as important moment for building computers into communication infrastructure and tries to follow the repercussions. I find the history of networking devices rather interesting and still feel like there is more to be written on the subject. I learned a lot from Dave Walden's website, who has some great resources on his website: https://walden-family.com/bbn/

FWIW, the book is published by the University of Minnesota Press and open access at https://www.internetdaemons.com.

Always enjoy the discussion on this listserv.

Be good,
Fen