[ih] Who Paid for the Internet? (was Re: sad news: Peter Kirstein)

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Mon Jan 13 09:39:22 PST 2020

On 13-01-2020 18:23, Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond via Internet-history wrote:

> I should add, this interesting article by JSQ et. al. provides a nice
> snapshot of the variety of networks around circa 1986 and how some of
> them were funded: https://bit.ly/2uIMhGR

Heh, "EUnet will probably eventually adopt X.400 for mail, using
whatever transport mechanisms, such as TP4 or other IS0 transport
protocols, are appropriate at that time." - I am sure Daniel Karrenberg
still has a copy of the "EUnet X.400 migration plan" that was never
intended to be used, but was demanded by the European Commission... :)

	Julf