[ih] sad news: Peter Kirstein

the keyboard of geoff goodfellow geoff at iconia.com
Wed Jan 8 19:14:07 PST 2020

Forwarding from Dave Farber's IP list:

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 09:21:49 +0900
From: Dave Farber <farber at gmail.com>
Subject: [IP] Re sad news: Peter Kirstein
To: Ip Ip <ip at v2.listbox.com>

 Begin forwarded message:

 From: "Wendy M. Grossman" <wendyg at pelicancrossing.net>
 Subject: Re: [IP] sad news: Peter Kirstein
 Date: January 9, 2020 at 07:47:17 GMT+9
 To: Dave Farber <farber at gmail.com>

 For IP, if you wish.

 It is indeed sad news; the two or three times I met him he was lovely
 and kind.

 In 2013, he, Vint Cerf, Roger Scantlebury, and Peter Wilkinson
 participated in a joint event reminiscing about the birth of the
 Internet in the UK.

 The video of that event is up on YouTube here:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Di01SX6sZkMU

 And I wrote a summary here:
 http://www.pelicancrossing.net/netwars/2013/07/repealing_the_internet.html

 It was notably how many rules they had to break to get the thing going!

 wg

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:58 PM Vint Cerf via Internet-history <