[ih] The Sub-atomic Physics of The Internet

Andrew G. Malis agmalis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:08:45 PDT 2020

I don't disagree but I think there's a more fundamental issue. These
are *social* networks. People operate in different social contexts and
want to present themselves differently in a professional context than
in a family context or a dating context. If each of these is
independent, it's easy enough to turn off the contexts that are not
relevant at any given time.

It is no different than people dressing differently or speaking with
different levels of formality.

My son has a good friend that I'm friends with on Facebook and LinkedIn.
People who know him only through his LlinkedIn posts (very professional and
technical videos) would probably be appalled by his Facebook posts, and
most probably vice-versa as well!

Cheers,
Andy

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:14 AM Leo Vegoda via Internet-history <