[ih] inter-network communication history

Dan Lynch dan at lynch.com
Wed Nov 6 20:44:49 PST 2019

Folks, my memory recalls the sacred attribute of end to end.  That is that any device on the Internet could communicate with any other device directly with the aid of intermediate devices that forwarded the packet “unharmed”. Then NAT came along as a hack for running out of IP addresses in V4...  And other perversions followed...

That is a nerds eye view. Most of the billions of users only see the applications they use and the communities they want to reach.

Dan

Cell 650-776-7313