[ih] what's a level

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 04:53:26 PST 2019

Actually UUCP was a file copy-transfer utility.

UUCP = Unix to Unix CoPy

In Argentina we started a major academic network using UUCP taking advantage of a MSDOS implementation called at the time UUPC.

Our first gateway to the “Internet” was “seismo” managed by Rick Adams, which later became “uunet”

I was for some time uunet!atina!pete :-)

-Jorge