[ih] Defamation lawsuit brought by self-proclaimed email "inventor" settles

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue May 21 08:58:25 PDT 2019

In article <20190521150017.B255C18C0A3 at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> you write:
>I wonder to what degree Ayyadurai's campaign to get credit was just part of
>the runup to his Senate campaign? If so, his defeat there is true karma.

He started claiming he invented email around 2012 and the senate campaign was
in 2017-2018, so I doubt that was the motivation.

Here is a well researched and quite long piece on the whole sorry
story, published on the ACM SIGCIS web site by Thomas Haigh, an actual
historian:

http://www.sigcis.org/ayyadurai