[ih] Where was the first host name table?

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Mon Mar 11 20:35:17 PDT 2019

Again we have another example of “the effect of T. S. Eliot on Shakespeare.”

It was a short table.  Everyone’s implementation did their own table. I think the official list was at the NIC. That was before the network map would no longer fit on one 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and you couldn’t print who was up and who was down from a well-known port at the NMC.