[ih] Internet or internet i

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Mon Mar 11 11:50:51 PDT 2019

Perhaps there are legal aspects involved?  The word "internet" is a
noun, but "Internet" is a proper noun.   Is "Internet" trademarked, or
copyrighted, or protected by such legal means -- somewhere in the world?

I suspect there are zillions of things like patent documents with
"internet" and/or "Internet" in them, fodder for lawyers and courts to
argue about for decades.

You wouldn't believe how many hours I spent as an expert
witness/consultant just arguing about the definitions of "program" and
"reprogram", what exactly the difference was, and how the definitions
changed over time and contexts.

I wonder when we'll see facebooks as well as Facebook, and why not The
Facebook?

/Jack