[ih] Internet or internet i

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Mon Mar 11 10:27:46 PDT 2019

I am in agreement with John D on this - also Associated Press has chosen to
cease making the distinction.
i suppose only engineers who understand that the "private internet" need
not be part of the public one
and still use the same protocols (and address space!) will be offended (I
admit, I am one of them).

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:06 AM John Day <jeanjour at comcast.net> wrote:

> But I think Noel’s distinction still holds with the public internet being
> “Internet” and all others or the concept in general being ‘internet’.
>
> The problem is the New York Times has decided that ‘Internet’ is spelled
> ‘internet’.
>

> On Mar 11, 2019, at 10:07, Scott Brim <scott.brim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Noel: all true, but it's over. It's not ours to call anymore.
>
> (The one I really can't get used to is "emails".)
> _______
> internet-history mailing list
> internet-history at postel.org
>

> _______