[ih] Hourglass model question

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Sat Jul 6 04:47:26 PDT 2019

On July 6, 2019 07:28:51 Vint Cerf <vint at google.com> wrote:
> many mourn the demise of TECO....

i doubt many people mourn not being able edit paper tapes, 😊

but doesn't TECO live on inside emacs?  i know emacs was rewritten in
lisp and mostly the lisp stuff is dominant, but is there still a TECO buried
underneath {I'm thinking much as you can find your way to a UNIX
shell inside the Mac os}?   i haven't used emacs in decades, so I dunno
in the original TECO heart is still hidden within.  but many of us still
remember that emacs was once a collection of ITS TECO macros
that took advantage of the {then} recently added "real time mode"

/bernie\

                     Bernie Cosell
           bernie at fantasyfarm. com
— Too many people,  too few sheep —