[ih] Internet History Lives on the Internet?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Mon Feb 25 15:07:08 PST 2019

In article <13E24D46-C5E0-493F-808B-8E9D68EF2C82 at bennett.com> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Here’s a link to a story on the lawsuit:
>
>https://teleread.org/2017/12/19/the-internet-archives-openlibrary-project-violates-copyright-the-authors-guild-warns/

This article says the Authors Guild has been complaining but there's no suit.  Is there some other article we missed?

Given how thoroughly they got thrashed by the Hathitrust and Google
Books suits, I'm not surprised if they're gun shy now.

FWIW, the National Writer's Union feels the same way, but can't afford
the cost of the suit.  Ed Hasbrouck, head of their book subgroup (and
I suppose my shop steward) told me so over dinner last year.