[ih] ARPANET 50-year anniversary panel session with Vint, Steve Crocker, and others

Joe Touch touch at strayalpha.com
Sat Feb 23 21:22:48 PST 2019

On Feb 23, 2019, at 12:42 PM, Jack Haverty <jack at 3kitty.org> wrote:

> But "internet-history at postel.org <mailto:internet-history at postel.org>", and others like it, even RFC
> repositories, likely exist at the whim of their sponsor.

Indeed - even assuming volunteers run them - they’re’s still the issue of hosting and net access.

I have old repositories (end2end-interest, for one) that even the ISOC has declined to host (even though the E2E-RG originated there).

Then again, if you want to see the worst of “free riders”, go attend an IETF. Companies send armies there for free training and free consulting.

PS - speaking as list admin, if anyone wants to offer a place to host this list more reliably and archivally, please do let me know (contact me directly off-list).

Joe