[ih] Internet Archive has some Internet History documents

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Wed Feb 13 23:44:57 PST 2019

John Gilmore <gnu at toad.com> writes:

>   https://archive.org/search.php?query=arpanet
>
> This metadata search produces about 500 documents, videos and audio
> recordings, most of which look pretty relevant.  Many came from the
> Defense Technical Information Center.  If you also have it look in the
> digitized text of books and documents, you get more like 13,000:
>
>   https://archive.org/search.php?query=arpanet&sin=TXT

> For example, they have this one by BBN digitized:
>
>   DTIC ADA092065: ARPANET Routing Algorithm Improvements
>   https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA092065

Oh, no I've read too much history today. No, I'm not going to read BBN's
report 3940 also... oh, heck, I just did.

A search for the "arpanet protocol handbook" (mentioned earlier this
week as at the computer history museum but undigitized) came up empty
but with an intriguing reference to another handbook entirely:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=arpanet%20protocol%20handbook

How does one go about an interlibrary loan between these orgs?