[ih] RIP Danny Cohen

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Aug 20 09:29:25 PDT 2019

I need to correct what I wrote below due to faulty memory.  Danny's
article "On Holy Wars and a Plea for Peace" was published in IEEE
Computer for October, 1981.  As John Gilmore noted here, it appeared
earlier as IEN 137 dated 1 April 1980.

Perhaps the IEN series picked up the RFC tradition of amusing April 1
notes (the first one I saw for the RFC series was RFC748, Telnet
randomly-lose option. M.R. Crispin. 1 April 1978, by another author we
lost too soon).  Danny's article was certainly amusing but also
serious.

                                                        -- Steve