[ih] Internet History - from Community to Big Tech?

Steve Mikulasik Steve.Mikulasik at civeo.com
Mon Apr 1 12:29:21 PDT 2019

My favorite was Bob Metcalfe saying Ethernet will be replaced by FDDI by the year 2000. To be fair, this was 1990 and Ethernet would be deployed a lot differently in the near future. It is just ironic that Ethernet has killed nearly every L2 technology it is put up against.

“My own projection is that Ethernet will be obsolete by the year 2000, being replaced in the mainstream primarily by FDDI”

https://books.google.com/books?id=iBwEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA17&dq=bob%20metcalfe%20token%20ring&pg=PA17#v=onepage&q=bob%20metcalfe%20token%20ring&f=false