[ih] AFIPS 1970 Joint Computer Conference set of ARPANET papers

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Nov 27 17:08:59 PST 2016

>> while they're not in IEEE Xplore, so I'd guess ACM.
>
> Do you know how long they will remain under copyright? Same question for old ACM pubs and the proceedings of the ACM national conferences? IFIP too, while thinking of old papers.

Copyright terms are quite complex, summarized here:

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ15a.pdf

As best I can tell, the copyright on material published in 1972 lasted 28
years but automatically renewed for another 67 term, so it's until 2067.

Barring unlikely action by Congress to reinstate sane copyright terms, the
term of anything published since 1964 is effectively infinite.

Regards,