[ih] Eyes on the Internet?

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Tue Sep 22 02:24:22 PDT 2015

For a period of time,  the University of Maryland had a MILNET connection via the IMP/PSN at the NSA.   As I recall,  it used ECU devices at each end to connect the LH/DH-11 1822 Interface in the VAX 11/780 to the 56k DDS line.

I'm not sure what MILNET related research contract the CS department had which precipitated the MILNET connection, though I don't recall any PLI discussion.

Later,  UMD also had an APRANET PSN on site related to the NSFNET project to interconnect the those two networks.

Louis Mamakos