[ih] Significant milestones in the history of TCP/IP

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Sep 15 11:17:55 PDT 2015

    > From: Dave Crocker <dhc2 at dcrocker.net>

    > a rather creative interpretation of the history of IPv6
    > ... the major milestones.

Mention of 'major milestones' of IPv6 reminds me of a story I once heard about
Satoru Nakajima, one-time driver for the Lotus Formula 1 team.

At that time Lotus was using Honda engines, and Nakajima-san was part of the
package (as Honda wished to have a Japanese driver in F1). He was, ah, not
very successful, although the rap that he was not really up to F1 standards
and was only there because of Honda was only partially true - his son Kazuki
was later on quite a well throught-of driver in F1.

Anyway, here's the story: some VIPs were visiting the Lotus factory, and one
of them looked closely at the Lotus F1 car's side rear-view mirrors (which
were, like all F1 side mirrors, as small as possible for aerodynamic
reasons). He uttered some comment about how small they were, whereupon one of
the mechanics hanging about opined rather acerbicly that that didn't matter,
because there was never anything there to see!

	Noel